Computer visualization techniques, such as computer graphics, animation and virtual reality,have been pioneered with NSF support.
Scientists in many disciplines use sophisticated computer techniques to model complex events and visualize phenomena that cannot be observed directly. Weather patterns, medical conditions and mathematical relationships are only some of the uses to which virtual reality can be put to see many current problems in three-dimensional simulations.
Current Uses Today:
Computer visualization techniques are now used in the following disciplines:
- Architecture and engineering. Building design, space planning, interior architecture;
- Biomedical applications. Surgical and radiation therapy planning, diagnostic aids;
- Business and management graphics.Decision-making systems, graphic data displays;
- Education and learning. Techniques for developing visual thinking skills and creative abilities in both children and adults;
- Electric CAD/CAM. Printed wiring board and integrated circuit design symbol and schematic generation;
- Human factors and user interfaces.Visible language programming, improvements in screen layout, windows, icons, typography and animation;
- Mapping and cartography. Geographic information systems, graphical databases, computer-assisted cartography, three-dimensional mapping, transportation analysis;
- Printing and publishing. Text and graphic integration in printed documents, page-layout software, scanning systems, direct-to-plate printing capabilities;
- Statistical graphics. Graphical techniques for rendering large masses of data to increase understanding of data analysis;
- Video and multimedia technology.High-definition TV, computer-generated video for entertainment and educational applications, TV applications for news and weather;
- Visual arts and design. Computer graphics for graphic design, industrial design, advertising and interior design; standards based on design principles relating to color, proportion, placement and orientation of visual elements.
- Assignment 3: Legal and Ethical issues in computing (cis428fidelmichael.wordpress.com)
- Visual Analytics in Support of Education by Katy Börner (zhuhadar.com)
Please rate this article.
If you enjoy Pluginin™ and the information we provide please sign up as a subscriber today! Thank You.
Let us know your thoughts and comments.
Pluginin™ © 2012 All RIGHTS RESERVED Leader in Quality Introductions for Today’s Emerging Artist.