Source: Jason Brubaker at filmmakingstuff.com
Since the Internet and social networking has made it increasingly easier to reach targeted audiences I thought it might be helpful to share a wonderful article from Jason Brubaker on 3 skills filmmakers will need to master.
Here are THREE essential filmmaking skills you need to master:
1. Become an Internet marketer: Or team up with someone who is. Why? Because the time is fast approching when there will be no delineation between the Internet and your television. Or your mobile device. As a result of these changes, you will need to drive targeted Internet traffic to your desired point of sale and convert these visitors into customers.
2. Find Out How To Crowdfund: Running a successful crowdfunding campaign requires social networking, real-world networking and Internet marketing. Aside from raising money, your goal is to test all your movie concepts before you dive in both feet first. And if successful, your goal is to snowball your supporters into one giant mailing list so you can gain their support for your next projects.
3. Your Audience Is Your Business: Marketing nerds have a saying, “The money is in your list.” It is now no different to filmmakers. Your ongoing goal is to create work that encourages people to sign up for your mailing list and become a fan of you and your movies, for life. Then with each project, your ongoing goal is to continually grow your list.
- Change in Law to Provide Funding Alternative for Entertainment Entrepreneurs (nysbar.com)
- URGENT UPDATE for filmmakers regarding the Crowdfunding Act of the JOBS ACT (michaelrbarnard.wordpress.com)
- Producer’s Masterclass (patriciahetherington.wordpress.com)