Top 5 Mistakes Emerging Artist should Avoid From The Start:
1. Believing that publicity/marketing is more important than music.
2. Believing a record deal will solve all their problems and ensure success.
3. Believing that because their parents and friends like them, everybody else will.
4. Believing success usually happens overnight.
5. Believing anything that happened in the past still applies. MTV no longer plays music, the younger demo doesn’t care much about radio, albums are a historical format with little relevance in today’s marketplace, everything’s up for grabs, and you can have it your way. If you’re good, people will find you. If you get success quick, it probably won’t last.
Why do record companies still give music producers label deals, executive jobs and presidencies when it always ends up being a washout?
It’s about owning the talent. The newest deals are exclusives, so you get the producer talent as well as any vanity-label signings. Conventional wisdom is David Foster’s 143 label failed, but isn’t it interesting that Warner ended up with Josh Groban and Michael Buble? But don’t give people jobs beyond their purview. A great producer is not necessarily a great A&R person.
Please rate this article.
If you enjoy Pluginin™ and the information we provide please sign up as a subscriber today! Thank You.
Let us know your thoughts and comments.
Pluginin™ © 2011 All RIGHTS RESERVED Leader in Quality Introductions for Today’s Emerging Artist.
Follow us on Twitter @Pluginin
Join our Facebook Fanpage: Search for Pluginin